Roses Are Grey. Violets are Grey. I Am a Dog.
Episode 85 · April 3rd, 2016 · 1 hr 27 mins
About this Episode
This week we discuss the inevitable death of Twitter, the rise of Pro iOS app pricing and the return of old formats. We follow up on feedback regarding privacy as discussed on Episode 84. We hear Tim's opinion on the 9.7 inch iPad Pro and discuss the differences with it's larger sibling. We discuss Joe Cieplinski's post on iPhone SE upgrade woes. Booking.com breaks iOS 9.3. Picks: Linux on Windows, Safari Preview Edition, nscurl, Hermes knockoffs, Google Cardboard for iOS and Charles Proxy.
Episode 85 Show Notes:
Correction: TLS 1.2 is the current version. Thanks to @NolanObrien
- The Case for Pricing Parity for Desktop and Mobile Apps
- Shapr 3D - as mentioned on Release Notes Podcast
- Episode 84
- 12.9" iPad Pro remains Apple's fastest tablet, as 9.7" model's A9X chip is underclocked
- 9.7 inch iPad Pro and the missing USB 3 speed
- New iPad “Pro” 9.7 only has 2GB ram
- Jason Snell on TTS
- The History and Science Behind the Color Blue
- iPhone SE: The Long-Term Outlook
- Booking dot com? Booking dot yeah!
- Qualys-SSL Labs
- The Cat API
Episode 85 Picks:
- Run Linux on Windows
- Safari Preview Edition from Apple
- Using the nscurl tool to diagnose ATS connection issues
- “swank-lookin’” Hermes knockoff
- Google Cardboard SDK for iOS