The Most Expensive Dongle
Episode 252 · June 14th, 2019 · 1 hr 39 mins
About this Episode
Back from WWDC 2019, we discuss whether large companies should drop support for older iOS versions. We follow up on Federico's iPad setup, Apple is listening to Pro users, Apple making corporate BYOD less invasive, and Apple is tightening up its rules for enterprise app certificates. We chat about the Mac Pro and Pro Display XDR. We discuss WWDC 2019 sessions on Combine, SwiftUI, Project Catalyst, Reality Composer. We discuss some new App Store Guidelines you may not have looked at. We also cover Shai Mishali's RxSwift to Apple’s Combine “Cheat Sheet”. Picks: SwiftUI Essentials: Creating and Combining Views, Combine | Apple Developer Documentation, Mac Pro in AR - Apple, Visual Codes by Benjamin Mayo, and SwiftTO.Support More Than Just Code podcast - iOS and Swift development, news and advice
- Quinton Pryce on Twitter: "#askMTJC How do you feel about big names like Twitter dropping iOS 10 support? Don’t you think they have the resources to support it?"
- Tim Mitra on Twitter: "#picswithdave @daveverwer. Real-time follow up: I asked him about the pronunciation of his name. #askMTJC… "
- 𝚠𝚒𝚕 𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚢 on Twitter: "Swift API: 𝙁𝙄𝙂𝙃𝙏!"
- Hello, My name is Inigo Montoya.... - YouTube
- Federico Viticci on Twitter: "Guy sitting next to me at the airport and using a Surface was very interested in my iPad Pro setup. And yep, this is a Logitech MX Master 2S mouse with 5 programmable buttons paired with iPadOS via Bluetooth 😍… https://t.co/ezQFxF3h9g"
- Apple is making corporate ‘BYOD’ programs less invasive to user privacy | TechCrunch
- Apple is Listening – Marco.org
- Accidental Tech Podcast: 329: Mac Pro Day
- Episode 114: Craig Federighi: The AppStories Interview – AppStories
- Apple is tightening up its rules for enterprise app certificates - The Verge
- Updates to the App Store Review Guidelines - News - Apple Developer
- RxSwift to Apple’s Combine “Cheat Sheet” – Gett Engineering – Medium
- SwiftUI Tutorials | Apple Developer Documentation
- Combine | Apple Developer Documentation
- Mac Pro - Apple
- Visual Codes on the App Store
- Creating and Combining Views — SwiftUI Tutorials | Apple Developer Documentation
- Apple 8•24GC Video Card | Low End Mac — 8•24GC
- Mac IIfx | Low End Mac
- Apple Macintosh IIfx (1990) Start up and Demonstration - YouTube
- Swift TO on Twitter: "We’ve got two new speaker announcements today! First, Toronto’s own @timmitra is joining us to talk about ways to level up your mobile development."
- SwiftUI: Almost Too Much Fun | James Dempsey
- Tim Mitra on Twitter: "Here’s my final pin tally #WWDC19… "