Episode 239 · March 23rd, 2019 · 1 hr 23 mins
About this Episode
We open with a discussion of the WWDC Lottery as well as about DuckDuckGo's built-in search shortcut. We discuss Spotify's claim that Apple has created an unfair market place. We look at one of the original iPhone prototypes. This week Apple revealed a couple of Apple Pencil compatible iPads: iPad Air and iPad Mini. They have also updated the iMac and Air Pods. Microsoft unveiled Xbox Live at GDC and Google also introduced a new gam space Stadia. Phil Schiller discussed WWDC on the Accidental Tech Podcast. Picks: TIL How to Paste a Number in Apple Phone App, Xcode 10.1 arm64e bug, Where on Google Earth is Carmen Sandiego, BananaPaint for iPadSupport More Than Just Code podcast - iOS and Swift development, news and advice
- Paul Wilkinson on Twitter: "@mtjc_podcast This is the first year I have filled in the WWDC lottery. I noticed it asks for gender and ethnicity. I wonder if they are using that information influence the lottery to try and increase diversity? #askmtjc"
- jcieplinski on Twitter: "@timmitra A note on the most recent episode, re: Duck Duck Go. Add a !g to then end of your search terms, and it will auto-bounce you to Google. Many other bangs (!) available as well. https://t.co/5Tlc019itF #askMTJC"
- Apple and Stanford’s Apple Watch study identified irregular heartbeats in over 2,000 patients - The Verge
- A personal story: Did the Apple Watch save my life? | ZDNet
- Addressing Spotify’s Claims - Apple (IN)
- Consumers and Innovators Win on a Level Playing Field — Spotify
- The first iPhone prototype: an exclusive look at Apple’s red M68 - The Verge
- Apple updates $499 iPad Air, $399 iPad mini ahead of services event next week | Ars Technica
- Apple updates iMac with new 6-core and 8-core Intel CPUs, Radeon Pro Vega graphics options - 9to5Mac
- Apple’s updated AirPods are here, cost $199 with new wireless charging case | Ars Technica
- Microsoft announces Xbox Live for any iOS or Android game - The Verge
- Google unveils Stadia cloud gaming service at GDC 2019 - The Verge
- 316: MacBook Hierarchy of Needs — Accidental Tech Podcast — Overcast
- Nick Lockwood on Twitter: "For years I thought it was weird that Apple's phone UI provides no way to paste in a copied phone number. Then someone showed me how to do it and… I couldn't be angrier 🤬… https://t.co/MbMz8M2ut8"
- Tim MTJC on Twitter: "While helping a friend with his Fastlane gym errors, I found that the project was bitten by the Xcode 10.1 submission bug. Pro Tip: remove support for arm64e before running gym. Thanks to work colleague @DerekHarasen for the heads up.… https://t.co/Rrenz5UMYz"
- Where on Google Earth is Carmen Sandiego? - YouTube
- Episode 124. John Sundell | Roundabout: Creative Chaos
- Episode 123. Sean Allen | Roundabout: Creative Chaos
- Episode 120. Live @ 360iDev | Roundabout: Creative Chaos
- Spockcast - a Star Trek Discovery podcast
- Cane Toad at DuckDuckGo
- Cane toad - Wikipedia
- CANE TOADS DOCUMENTARY CLIP - YouTube
- Steam Controller on Steam