Don't Panic Jaime!
Episode 214 · September 29th, 2018 · 1 hr 43 mins
About this Episode
Our #askMTJC yielded a lot of feed back. SplitView mode on the Plus size iPhones. Paul Wilkinson illuminates Wifi Assist, Enterprise wifi routers can force devices to re-associate, and AP roaming & traffic priorities. Best Buy matches Freedom Mobiles $0 iPhone XS deals. iOS 12 improves iPhone app emulation with iPhone 6 resolutions and also fixes glitches with 2FA with multiple Apple ID users. AppleCare for iPhone X's. Amazon reveals 14 new devices. Headphone dongle missing. NSNorth 2019. What’s new in Swift 5.0. Supports opening documents in place. iPhones to be banned in South Korea? Picks: Supporting iPhone XS Max and XR, Using Command-Line Arguments to Configure In-App Dependencies, TD DaVinci API, Elevate Tech Fest Hackathon, Microsoft Build: AI for Accessibility, Why the metric system matters - Matt AnticoleSupport More Than Just Code podcast - iOS and Swift development, news and advice
- Paul Wilkinson on Twitter: "@timmitra Wi-Fi assist under”Settings->Mobile” is the feature that lets your phone switch to mobile-data when wifi signal is poor. I keep it off though as it can lead to unexpected high data use. #askMTJC… https://t.co/D0qmz5NBao"
- Paul Wilkinson on Twitter: ". @mtjc_podcast Enterprise WiFi systems from the likes of Cisco, Aruba etc can force a device to re-associate to a better access point. Standard consumer grade APs and routers generally don’t while more sophisticated mesh systems like Netgear’s Orbi do. #askMTJC"
- Paul Wilkinson on Twitter: "@mtjc_podcast the NSHipster article also conflates two seperate features because Cisco has them in the same white paper. 802.11r & k provide better AP roaming; FastLane provides a way for iOS apps to mark traffic priorities that will be respected by a Cisco network. #askmtjc"
- Tim Mitra on Twitter: "Interesting reaction to Freedom Mobile’s 🇨🇦 offer mentioned on @mtjc_podcast — wondering what’s in the Ultra Platinum 2 year plan. #askMTJC… https://t.co/ouda1DQMwC"
- Greg Heo on Twitter: "@mtjc_podcast @Smappsoft iOS 12 (as of beta 2) updated the iPhone app running on iPad resolution feature https://t.co/aQqm5uUjA5 #askMTJC"
- Tim Mitra on Twitter: "I forgot to report that iOS 12 has fixed my access to 2FA — since I still have 2 Apple IDs #askMTJC #mobileMe… "
- Tim Mitra on Twitter: "Hmm. This iPhone X has a hair line crack on the screen. I told you so #AppleCare #askMTJC… "
- Amazon’s surprise hardware event: the 14 biggest announcements - The Verge
- Apple’s Latest Products Bring Bad News for Cirrus Logic -- The Motley Fool
- What’s new in Swift 5.0 – Hacking with Swift
- Document Based Apps - Apple Developer
- iPhone X, 8 and four iPads face 'likely' ban in South Korea; could be saved by Samsung | 9to5Mac
- Holiday Season: Creative Optimization and app install ads
- Supporting iPhone XS Max and XR
- Using Command-Line Arguments to Configure In-App Dependencies | Jeffrey Fulton
- TD Da Vinci
- Elevate | Toronto Sept 21-27 | Canada's Tech Week
- Microsoft Build: AI for Accessibility - YouTube
- Why the metric system matters - Matt Anticole - YouTube
- Rusty Staub, Canada's first major league superstar, dead at 73 | CBC News
- Home - Place Ville Marie
- Everything You Never Knew About Montreal's Biosphere - MTL Blog