We follow up on the new iPad Pro. We discuss Apple's stellar Q3 results. Apple is shutting down the affiliate program for the Mac App Store and App Store for iOS. We debate the merits of implicitly unwrapping optionals. Picks: RenoRun, Hacking my shell prompt so I make fewer mistakes working with Xcode projects, RESTed. After Show: We discuss the merger/shutdown of Slack and Hipchat.
Between 47:00 - 15:00 Tim discusses meeting Justin Trudeau
- Jaime Lopez on Twitter: "Cute branding on the #gonorthwest conference badges… "
- Apple’s next iPad Pro will have tiny bezels, but no notch - The Verge
- Apple results: $53.3B revenue sets a fiscal Q3 record - Six Colors
- Diving into the details of Apple's (boring?) record quarter - Six Colors
- Apple races to become the first trillion-dollar company after strong Q3 earnings - The Verge
- James Thomson on Twitter: "Well it was nice while it lasted - apps are being removed from the affiliate program. That is going to screw a lot of websites, and we make a decent amount from it too…… https://t.co/yq8cMxa8pL"
- Construction Materials Delivered within 2 hours
- Tim Hortons - Wikipedia
- Hacking my shell prompt so I make fewer mistakes working with Xcode projects | Marc Palmer
- RESTed - Simple HTTP Requests on the Mac App Store
- How To Keep Learning After 50 and Other Ways to Hack Your Brain at any Age
- 50+ Years of Self Portraits - Director's Cut - YouTube
- Welcome Hipchat and Stride Users | Slack | Slack
- 360|iDev 2017 Conference Highlights
- Howard Rideout on Instagram: “Our Prime Minister visiting the memorials along the Danforth today, and paying respect to the victims of last Sunday’s shootings.…”