Test Is Green. Code Is Clean.
Episode 190 · April 14th, 2018 · 1 hr 29 mins
About this Episode
This week we follow up on Youtube changes, IBM Watson and CoreML, 3rd party Twitter apps. We discuss Xcode compilation on mutli-core Mac Pros. The Home Pod has a sluggish start in sales. Apple reveals the (Product)RED® iPhone 8. Apple Music has 40 million users and a new boss. We follow up on HTTP 400 error codes. We discuss Apple upcoming purge of 32-bit macOS apps, reliving Windows File manager and the RWDevCon 2018's post mortem. Picks: Understanding Git Version Control and Learn how to Use it in Xcode 9, Xcode TDD keyboard short cuts, App Store insights. Aftershow: Facebook testimony.Support More Than Just Code podcast - iOS and Swift development, news and advice
- Victoria Heric on Twitter: "Wait Little House trivia?? I’d gladly go toe to toe with u. U won’t win… "
- Greg Heo on Twitter: "@mtjc_podcast @DevWithTheHair little bit of FU re. YouTube monetization changes: I think the big new added hurdle was requiring 4000 hours of watch time over the last 12 months; old rule was 10000 video views. #askMTJC"
- Apps of a Feather
- Twitter postpones platform change that would cut off third-party apps - The Verge
- Apple’s redesigned Mac Pro is coming in 2019 - The Verge
- The best hardware to build with Swift is not what you might think | LinkedIn
- Apple reveals special edition Product Red iPhone 8 and 8 Plus smartphones | Ars Technica
- Bloomberg: Apple lowers HomePod forecasts & orders as early sales prove lackluster | 9to5Mac
- How great leaders inspire action | Simon Sinek - YouTube
- Apple Music now has over 40 million subscribers and a new boss - The Verge
- Apple Music Picks Up Toronto's 'House of Strombo' Concert Series | Billboard
- Death From Above | House Of Strombo - YouTube
- Konstantin Martynov on Twitter: "@mtjc_podcast Guys, HTTP 400 is "Bad Request". "Unauthorized" is HTTP 401. It is also a famously crappy highway ;)"
- 418 I'm a teapot - HTTP | MDN
- Apple has begun notifying macOS users of coming 32-bit app incompatibility | Ars Technica
- Relive the 1990s on Windows 10 with the newly open sourced File Manager | Ars Technica
- RWDevCon 2018 Post-Mortem
- App Architecture · objc.io
- Understanding Git Version Control and Learn how to Use it in Xcode 9
- Refactoring: Improving the Design of Existing Code: Martin Fowler, Kent Beck, John Brant, William Opdyke, Don Roberts, Erich Gamma: 9780201485677: Amazon.com: Books
- Design Patterns: Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software: Erich Gamma, Richard Helm, Ralph Johnson, John Vlissides, Grady Booch: 8601419047741: Amazon.com: Books