We start the episode with a brief look at Reporter and looking at unwind segues with modal view controllers. We also follow up on unconventional parking with self driving cars. We follow up on using Face ID to authorize purchases with iTunes family purchases in iOS 11. You can now use the Square Cash app to purchase bitcoin. We discuss Apple's plan to postpone some new features to focus on performance and quality. It's time for the annual "Apple is doomed" discussion as pundits warn of iPhone X sales slowing down. Tim's iPhone X suffers from a "green line" OLED defect, which turns out to be a common problem on iPhone X and Samsung Galaxy S7. Picks: iOS Ref
Photo of Susan Kare by Norman SeeffSupport More Than Just Code podcast - iOS and Swift development, news and advice
- Ash Furrow on Twitter: "Let’s open the ol’ TL from back home and see what happening in New Brunswi— https://t.co/DxKCT4kSXF"
- Tim Mitra on Twitter: "Essentially Repoter is s CLI tool for downloading sales reports, which would only seem to be practical if you have better than pizza money sales. #askMTJC… https://t.co/8bDFVxYmii"
- Mike Maguire on Twitter: "@timmitra anyone written a model View Controller that uses two unwind segues that go to two different view controllers ?"
- Alan Edmonds on Twitter: "#AskMtjc - Just listening to episode #180. I agree about letting the car park itself in general. But I was really referring to unusual parking needs, e.g. in a garage at home, where I might park to one side / at an angle, to leave more room to access things stored in there."
- You’ll finally be able to approve family purchases with Face ID in iOS update | Ars Technica
- Steve Wozniak explains one big problem he has with the iPhone X | 9to5Mac
- iPhone User Guide for iOS 11.2 by Apple Inc. on iBooks
- Square Cash app now lets you easily buy and sell Bitcoin from iPhone | 9to5Mac
- Apple Has Delayed Some Planned iOS 12 Features Until Next Year to Focus on Performance and Quality - Mac Rumors
- Tim Mitra on Twitter: "And they said I was a fool to get the extended warranty! @mtjc_podcast eat your words!… "
- iPhone X Users Are Complaining About Green Line Forming on Display - OLED Screen Problems
- Several iPhone X Owners Encountering Green Line on Display Due to Potential Hardware Defect - Mac Rumors
- iOS Ref
- More Than Just Code podcast - iOS and Swift development, news and advice - Google Play Music
- SiriKit - Apple Developer
- Susan Kare Prints | SIGNED AND NUMBERED LIMITED EDITION PRINTS
- Spockcast Podcast