This week we follow up on the MacBook Pro with TouchBar. The discussion revolves around our impressions of the TouchBar, changes in the hardware configuration and the future of the MacBook product line. We also discuss whether this is in fact a mac for professionals. We touch on the approaching end of Swift 2.3 as well as json2swift. Picks: Paintcode 3, PipTube, UnsafePointers, How to Use NSTouchBar on macOS and Amaziograph.
Episode 117 Show Notes:
- Apple AirPods Release Date Possibly Delayed Until Jan. 2017: Report [u]
- New MacBook Pros and the State of the Mac
- The Apple of Your Eye
- Alex Payne on what Pro Computing Might Be
- Phil Schiller talks about computers, touchscreens and voice on the new MBP
- Does the Mac Still Matter?
- Xcode 8.2 is the final version to support Swift 2.3
- #283: Generating Models from JSON with json2swift
- MS Word 2010 Equation editor quick demo
Episode 117 Picks:Support More Than Just Code podcast - iOS and Swift development, news and advice